One Week to the International Helmet Awareness Day 2013
All riders are encouraged to participate in Helmet Awareness Day by spreading the word to their equestrian friends, educating themselves about the benefits of helmets, and simply going for a ride with a helmet securely fastened on the day. Additionally, Riders4Helmets will also be hosting “Get Educated” webinars throughout the day on a variety of topics:
- 8:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time – Lisa Lazarus, General Counsel, Federation Equestrian Internationale: (FEI) “The FEI Helmet Rule – Your Questions Answered”
- 9:00 a.m. EDT – Roy Burek, Charles Owen: “Replacing Your Hat – What You Should Know”
- 10:00 a.m. EDT – Jon Pitts, Fit To Ride: “Improving Rider Safety, Performance and Confidence”
- 11:00 a.m. EDT – Olympian Courtney King-Dye: “The Importance of Helmets”
- 12:00 p.m. EDT – Dr. Richard Timms, Troxel Helmets: “Equestrian Accidents: Facts”
- 2:30 p.m. EDT – Dr. Lola Chambless, Neurosurgeon Vanderbilt University Medical Center: “Concussion In Equestrian Sport”
Live participation in the webinars is limited, but video replays will be available on riders4helmets.com after the event. Some previous International Helmet Awareness Day videos are available for viewing at Riders4Helmets’ YouTube channel.
Many equestrian helmet manufacturers and retailers are participating in International Helmet Awareness Day by providing discounts on ASTM/SEI certified helmets. Retailers throughout the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and parts of Europe have signed up to participate. To find a participating retailer, visit riders4helmets.com/ihad/
For more information on equestrian safety, visit the Tipperary Safety Center on HorseChannel.com.
Source: Horse Channel
Tags: association, helmet